- A Woman's Concern
- We are a limited medical clinic providing pregnancy tests and ultrasounds. We also provide
information on many related issues. We have many support groups including a pregnancy support group
and single parents support group
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Link to the local chapter of Alcoholic Anonymous.
Web Site provides information on Al-Anon family groups that serve the
Pennsylvania Centre Region
- American Red Cross
about Centre County activities and services.
- The Arc of Centre County Inc.
is an advocacy and service provider organization dedicated to improving
the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
- Senior Care Directory for Pennsylvania. This directory includes information and referrals for a wide variety of
Senior services in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Cen-Clear Child Services, Inc. is an organization dedicated to leading
our community with superior quality and innovative services to
children and families by providing physical, social, emotional,
Belief in the importance that parents are the prime educators of
has led Cen-Clear Child Services, Inc. to adopt the philosophy of
"Reaching Children Through Families."
- Centre County Can Help
- Now, with one toll-free
call, everyone in Centre County can get free, confidential information
24 hours a day, seven days a week on human services issues, emotional
problems, alcohol or drug problems or any crisis situation.
- Centre County Community
- "The Centre County Community Foundation was
established in 1981 to ensure long-term, stable funding so our community
can continue to flourish now and into the future."
- Centre County
Council for Human Services
- The Council for Human Services is
a volunteer organization that: –promotes communication and
relationships between human service agencies and between agencies
and the community –offers trainings, seed money grants, and
other services to its members.
County Directory of Human Services
- A comprehensive directory
of human service agencies serving Centre County.
- Centre County
Partnership for Community Health
- The mission of our Centre County Partnership for Community Health is to
support an inclusive, caring community that promotes healthy people and
enhances quality of life through collaborative relationships.
- Centre County United Way
mission of the Centre County United Way is to build a deeper sense
of community and improve the quality of life throughout Centre County.
Youth Service Bureau
- YSB offers a continuum of services for
children, youth and families through community based, family based,
and residential programs.
- "CentrePeace promotes a
restorative justice system by modeling programs within our communities and correctional facilities that are
based on healing brokenness rather than on vengeance--centering on peace rather
than on fear, and offering avenues of accountability rather than alienation."
- Centre Volunteers in Medicine
- Commission for the
Prevention of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Abuse
- The purpose
of the Commission for the Prevention of Alcohol, Tobacco and Other
Drug Abuse is to foster an environment that does not support the
abuse of alcohol tobacco, or other drugs.
- Community Help Centre
- Community Help Centre is a volunteer-based, non-profit organization that provides services,
resources, education, training and information to people in need of support and to people who
are seeking volunteer opportunities in our community. With a drop-in center and 24-hour hotlline as our foundation,
we work to coordinate and deliver human services throughout Centre County
- Easter Seals of Central Pennsylvania State
College Regional Office
- Provides inclusive daycare,
respite care, outpatient therapy services and more to local children and
adults with disabilities.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Program
- A website dedicated to giving prospective students
information about numerous FNP programs around the country as well as
informative information about a career as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Foxdale Village
Village is a not-for-profit Quaker-directed continuing care retirement
community whose purpose is to provide programs and services designated
to address the social, spiritual, nutritional, wellness, and health
care needs of residents at reasonable cost while providing a supportive
working environment for employees."
- Home Nursing Agency
mission is to provide comprehensive health and human services that
enable people to remain in their communities while improving their
quality of life.
- Infant Evaluation Program
non-profit organization founded to identify and serve children ages
birth to three in the local community with delays in their development.
Interfaith Human Services, Inc. (IHS)
- "Interfaith Human Services (IHS) is a collaborative effort of Centre County
faith communities to serve those in need throughout the county. IHS provides
assistance, guidance and solutions to achieve and maintain the stability of an
individual's or a family's basic needs and longer-term goals."
- The Meadows Psychiatric Center
- Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
Pennsylvania Medical Society is a membership organization representing
Medical Doctors and Doctors of Osteopathy of all medical specialties.
- A project of Tyrone Hospital.
- Sight-Loss Support Group
- The Sight-Loss Support Group of Central Pennsylvania, Inc.(SLSG) is a
non-profit, self-help organization made up of people who are coping with
varying degrees of sight-loss.
- Special Kids Network, The
- Making connections
for children with special health care needs.
Cell Disease Network
- The goal of the SRS Sickle Cell Disease
Program is to educate the public, school officials and personnel,
employers and health care providers about Sickle Cell Disease, to
identify patients and families in Centre County living with Sickle Cell
Disease or Trait, and to provide services to these individuals and
families. There is no charge to clients for our Sickle Cell services.
- State College Community Land Trust
- The State College Community Land Trust is a local
non-profit organization that helps individuals and families purchase
a home in the Borough of State College.
- State College
- "Our mission is to provide emergency food to needy people in the State College area and to support the network
of food banks in Centre County."
- State College
Meals on Wheels
- Our goal is to serve nutritious meals to anyone in our
community who is homebound and has a meal-related need.
- Tri-County Habitat for
- "Habitat volunteers work in partnership with families,
building simple, energy efficient, affordable houses. "